Our company has been in business for 115 years. A supplier to industry and trade, kiener + wittlin ag is active in the areas of steel and metal, industrial fasteners and tools.
Our past forms the foundation for our future. The competency, continuity and know-how we offer are the results of our years of experience in the business. This stable basis creates the space for new ideas and products: from tradition comes vision.
|The sales office Zürich has been opened in Rümlang.|
In a new building at the headquarters in Münchenbuchsee, a partially automated logistics system for fastening technology is put into operation.
|2019||The sales office central Switzerland has been opened in Hergiswil (NW)|
|2018||The sales office Tessin has been opened in Camorino (Bellinzona)|
|2016||The sales office Aargau (Unterentfelden) has been opened.|
|2014||At the Münchenbuchsee site a fully-automatic high rack warehouse for long goods is put into service for the areas of bright steel, non-ferrous metals and tubes.|
|2014||The sales office Western Switzerland has been opened in Noville (Villeneuve).|
|2008||The owning Lustenberger family withdraws from operational business and controls the fate of the company in the administrative board.|
|1996||The Valais branch moved from Susten/Leuk to Steg (near Visp) and a new office building and a warehouse has been constructed.|
|1991||Following the death of the longtime chairman Werner Buri in 1984, Max Lustenberger takes over kiener + wittlin ag in a management buyout.|
|1988||A sales office is opened in Basel.|
|1962||A new office and warehouse complex covering an area of 46,000 square metres has been built in Münchenbuchsee, Bern.|
|1959||Following the deaths of the two company founders, the company passes into the hands of Julie Kiener-Buri. Her brother-in-law, Werner Buri, takes over as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. The Valais Branch ist opened in Susten/Leuk.|
|1919||«J.G. Kiener + Wittlin» trade their horse-drawn cart for a truck formerly used by the imperial Austrian army.|
|1912||Alois Wittlin enters the business as co-owner. A new building housing offices and an ironmonger’s is erected at Schauplatzgasse 23.|
|1905||Aged 24 years Johann Gottlieb Kiener founded a ironmongery in Bern.|